:
03-16-2022, 07:18 AM

: Jun 2017
: 394

-----------------------------------
For reflex training, have your teammates line up in front of the goal each with their own ball. Have each of them kick the ball from different distances and at different speeds so that you have a variety of situations to deal with. This will get you used to high intensity game play, as well as work on the reflexes needed to be a fearless goalie.

Focus on hand-eye coordination. As with most sports, keeping your eye on the ball is key.[8] When training, use a smaller ball than your standard soccer ball. This will help you focus better and make it easier for you to catch, block, and maneuver the larger soccer ball once you're in the game.[9]
Look at players stances. Looking at your opponent's head specifically is key to helping you predict where the ball might be heading
If the player is looking down, there's a 99% chance that the ball will not leave the ground. If the player is looking straight ahead, the ball might come off the ground a bit, but will come at you straight and hard. If the player is leaning back as they kick the ball, the ball is going to leave the ground
During the last World Cup in Germany, I sat with two officials from the Ghanaian delegation, Sam Arday and Cecil Jones Attuquayefio. They were immensely successful coaches both domestically and internationally. They had won an Under-17 Africa Cup, an Under-17 World Cup, and an Olympic medal.
However, the coach of the Ghana team was Serbian. The Serbian national team had been a disaster at the tournament, even losing one match 6-0.
It is considered a joke that an African coach should submit his resume to a European team even when they have the credentials and medals of an Arday or Attuquayefio.
there are two, largely unnamed phenomena that stifle the development of African football: racism and corruption.
But really their talent is not developed properly until they meet the wise, practiced care of a serious, white coach'.
rampant match-fixing, corruption in transfers, rigged national football elections
Many players, even at the top of the game, have two different ages: their real age and their 'football age', which is several years younger.
The Cameroon Football Association has been suspended several times by FIFA.
Enke, 32, who had played for clubs in Germany, Spain, Portugal and Turkey before settling at Hannover 96 in 2004, walked into the path of a train near
"After Lara's death everything drew us closer together, we thought that we would achieve everything. I tried to tell him that there is always a solution.
Enke was hit by a train travelling at 100mph as it passed through a level crossing on its route between Hamburg and Bremen.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel contacted Enke's family.
Enke had won eight international caps and was expected by many to be the choice to play as goalkeeper for Germany in the World Cup in South Africa in 2010.
His doctor said he had been treating Enke since 2003, during a turbulent time when the goalkeeper had several unsuccessful transfers to clubs.
Markser said the player refused to be treated on the day of his suicide, saying he was feeling well.
Enke had lived in the shadow of more illustrious goalkeepers Oliver Kahn and Jens Lehmann for almost a decade - and it was only after the latter's international retirement last year that he emerged as a leading contender for the position, despite earning his first squad call-up in 1999.
One of the two Spanish clubs he had represented, Barcelona, held a minute's silence before dedicating their King's Cup victory over Cultural Leonesa to Enke on Tuesday
Saudi Arabia waived vaccination rules for the Spanish Super Cup - sources
This incident happened after Morocco's football team goalkeeper Yassine Bounou answered the press in Darija, the Moroccan Arabic dialect.
This incident happened after Moroccos football team goalkeeper Yassine Bounou answered the press in Darija, the Moroccan Arabic dialect. One of the organizers then intervened, asking all participants not to speak in any language other than English or French, pointing out that Arabic translators were not available at the press conference. Reacting to the request, Bounou refused to change his language. He pointed out that this is your problem, not mine, addressing the organizing committee.
Zambian referee Janny Sikazwe, who officiated the game between Tunisia and Mali on January 12, mistakenly blew the final whistle at minute 85, this was five minutes before the end of the correct time. With objections from Tunisia's staff, the referee decided to play again. Only after 4 minutes of play, the referee once again declared the match over at the 89th minute, a minute before the proper time. The Tunisians furiously protested once again, rightly pointing out that not only was the official time not over, but that the game should have had at least seen 5 or 6 minutes of additional time.
Less than an hour after this incident, more controversy sparked in the Mauritania-Gambia game as the organizing committee twice played the wrong national anthem for Mauritania.

This left the Mauritania players with no choice but to sing the national anthem without the accompanying music.
Sir Alex Ferguson: David Beckham 'lost focus' after marriage
Beckham rose through the ranks at Old Trafford under the guidance of Ferguson and he went on to make 394 appearances for the senior side before his departure to Real Madrid in 2003.
However, Ferguson believes that the 38-year-old's wedding to the former Spice Girl back in 1999 resulted in him taking his eye off the ball.

When Beckham once missed training to nurse his poorly baby, Ferguson demanded to know why mum wasn't there to do it. Victoria happened to be out of the country, she had an international career as well, but Beckham was dropped for the next game against Leeds in any case.
The straw that broke the camel's back was the Flying Boot incident in February 2003. Ferguson accused Beckham of a mistake in an FA Cup tie against Arsenal at Old Trafford and kicked a stray boot in rage that rose up and accidentally hit Beckham above the eye.
Not only the looks that attracted advertisers or skills that saw him score from the halfway line against Wimbledon in 1995. He had his own mind and was able to challenge Ferguson's authority from a young age, well before he met Posh Spice.
He fell in love with Victoria and that changed everything.'
Ryan Giggs, who remained a United one-club man his entire career, recognised the relationship between Ferguson and Beckham couldn't be repaired.

'It was getting too much, arguing every other week and it was just time for both parties to move,' he said.
After days in which the narrative had been dominated by Beckham pictured in an Alice band highlighting the wound, there was tension in the air when Ferguson broke his silence in a press conference the day before a Champions League tie against Juventus.
Beckham still refers to Ferguson as 'The Boss'. 'I'd like to think I'm a little wiser than when I was 21,' he says. 'Certain decisions I made were wrong.'

He speaks particularly warmly of how Ferguson protected him after the 1998 World Cup after his red card against Argentina turned him into a hate figure elsewhere.
In his recent autobiography, Ferguson revealed: "Arriving at the training ground at 3pm before a trip to Leicester City, I noticed the press lined up on the road into Carrington. There must have been 20 photographers. 'What's going on?' I demanded. I was told, 'apparently Beckham is revealing his new haircut tomorrow.'
"David turned up with a beanie hat on. At dinner that night he was still wearing it. 'David, take your beanie hat off, you're in a restaurant,' I said. He refused. 'Don't be so stupid,' I persisted. 'Take it off.' But he wouldn't, so I was raging.

"The next day, the players were going out for the pre-match warm-up and David had his beanie hat on. 'David.' I said, 'you're not going out with that beanie hat on, you'll not be playing. I'll take you out of the team right now.' He went berserk. Took it off. Bald head, completely shaved. The plan was that he would keep the beanie hat on and take it off just before kickoff. At the time I was starting to despair of him. I could see him being swallowed up by the media or publicity agents."
Sir Alex Ferguson: 'Victoria stopped David Beckham being one of the greats'
He writes: David was the only player I managed who chose to be famous, who made it his mission to be known outside the game.
Sir Alex, 71, accuses Beckham of wasting his career by joining LA Galaxy in 2007
There was no footballing reason for him to go to America,

Wayne said we should have pursued Mesut Ozil, who had joined Real Madrid from Werder Bremen, recalls Sir Alex. My reply was that it was none of his business. I told him it was his job to play and perform. It was a sorry episode for Wayne.
Sir Alex Ferguson Didn't Want David Beckham To Get The Number 7 Shirt At Manchester United, According To Roy Keane
Speaking in his second autobiography Second Half, Keane tells how Sir Alex Ferguson wanted him to succeed Eric Cantona in the famous number at Old Trafford, as well as taking over the captaincy from the departing Frenchman.
As Beckham's personal stardom began to develop, Keane says it was a problem and felt his teammate thought he was 'bigger than Sir Alex Ferguson'.
David Beckham says Sir Alex Ferguson made him shave his head before Manchester United game
Beckham recalled how he hid his latest haircut at the time - a mohawk - under a beanie hat.
But when Ferguson saw it, he made the former England captain get rid of it before letting him walk out onto the pitch.
"So I had to find a pair of clippers and I shaved it off in Wembley Stadium. Manager always rules."
Liverpool throw-in coach Thomas Gronnemark explains his role
Explained: Why Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is not wearing glasses

In an interview with BILD, Klopp confirmed that he underwent successful eye treatment over the summer - and that it could be the end of his trademark glasses.
I've been wearing glasses since I was 10 years old - that's 44 years," the German told BILD.
he still may wear them occasionally in the dugout
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp explains why he wont be wearing a suit on the touchline anytime soon
I have no reason to wear one. I dont feel comfortable in it and I cannot breathe properly.
I dont want to have to think about my outfit before a game, so Im really happy that the kitman can give me something that I can jump into.
Klopp did wear a suit on occasions during his stint at Borussia Dortmund, as well as in the Europa League during his first season at Liverpool 2015/16 but maintains there will not be a repeat of that in the future
Im not interested in small talk. I dont want to look good on the sideline, my team should look good. Thats my main target.
When I first started in the Champions League I wore them because I was told by somebody it was a duty, he added.

But from the first time I saw another manager next to me not wearing a suit, I was done.
In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports, Liverpool throw-in coach Thomas Gronnemark explains his role at the club and why, despite what the critics continue to say, throw-ins are still undervalued...
is analysing video from the win over Manchester United. Every throw-in will be looked at.
For most, this is a perfunctory element of the 90 minutes. For Gronnemark, the man who broke the world record for the longest throw at 51.33 metres, it is something very different
"I am not the first person in the world to think about throw-ins," he tells Sky Sports. "I am the first person in the world to always be thinking about throw-ins. It is my profession."
Liverpool's appointment of a throw-in coach has divided opinion ever since it emerged that they were working with Gronnemark in the autumn of 2018. Some saw it as evidence of Jurgen Klopp's appetite to innovate. Others regarded the move with derision.
It seems that the idea of a throw-in coach is still just too much for some to take.
"Ever since I started in 2004, people have been laughing at the idea of throw-in coaching. It is too weird for some people. How can you be passionate about throw-ins?"

This resistance to change is all too familiar in football.
"It is a culture," Gronnemark explains. "Football started, what, 140 years ago. I am 44 and for as long as I can remember nobody has talked about throw-ins. You can watch a match on your TV and a team will lose a ball from a throw-in, and that happens a lot for most teams, and the commentators don't say anything at all. You watch them. They don't say a word.
"Then if the same player loses the ball seconds later when passing it with his feet, they will say: 'Ooh, that was a bad pass.' When he does it twice, they will say that he's not having a good game. If he does it three times then they will say that he doesn't belong in the team.
Gronnemark freely admits that some of those who seek his advice are desperate.
when an article with Gronnemark appeared in the German press two years ago, Liverpool and RB Leipzig were among the first two clubs to contact him
In addition to FC Midtjylland, the Danish side famed for their stats-based approach, he now works with Ajax, another so often at the vanguard of innovation.
They get in touch because they are innovative and they are open-minded.
"It was the same thing that Jurgen Klopp said to me when he called me in July 2018," says Gronnemark. "He said to me: 'We had a good season in 2017/18. Fourth in the Premier League and a Champions League final. But we lost the ball all the time from throw-ins.'"
FC Midtjylland scored 35 goals in four seasons that way.
My big breakthrough came when Jurgen Klopp called me. This year I am coaching eight different professional teams around the world, spending most of my time with Liverpool and Ajax.
But I can say that if Jurgen had not called me I would still be a little bit frustrated as a throw-in coach because all the teams just wanted the long throw-ins.
"With Liverpool and Ajax, the long throw-ins are not their style so I am also focusing on the fast and clever throw-ins that I first started working on in around 2007. That is all about possession. How can we keep possession when we are taking a throw-in under pressure? How can we create chances and score goals from those throw-in situations?"
Roberto Firmino's winning goal against Wolves came from a throw-in
"There was an unattached analysis on the net in September 2019. It was not my numbers or Liverpool's numbers. A person looked at the throw-ins when there was pressure with the marking in all the big clubs in Europe and he found that in the 2017/18 season, Liverpool retained possession 45.4 per cent of the time when they had a throw-in under pressure.

"In my first season with the club, that improved to 68.4 per cent. We went from third last from throw-ins under pressure to number one. You can say it is pretty simple, it's just a throw-in. But if you have the ball, you can create a chance, score a goal, or just keep possession and maintain control. If you lose the ball, that is when you have a problem."
Could it be a coincidence that Liverpool are keeping the ball so much better from throw-ins? There is one rather big clue that it is not. What is the name of the only team in Europe that kept the ball better than they did last season? FC Midtjylland.
Gronnemark is not telling the players what to do, he is working with the players to help them make better decisions.
Now we do this, now we do that. Yes, you can do that sometimes.
"I am working with them on approximately 20 different throw-ins. We have different assignments for different players and you don't learn that in a week. It's a process. I work with the players but the players are working with the coaches when I am not there too.
"We are working all the time," he adds. "It is not just the technique. It is not just how to throw fast but when to throw fast. Like every other part of the game, you have to keep working on it. You would never say that, OK, you have been coached on that for 18 months, you can stop now. Of course, you don't stop. It's the same with the throw-ins.
He hopes that there will be a time when throw-ins are not seen by some as a joke.
In Rabat, African officials discuss World Cup 2018: What went wrong for African teams in Russia?
Africa dominates in youth soccerso why cant it succeed at the highest level?
There are many theories about this. Some have argued that African teams routinely falsify their players ages at youth level,
Another explanation is that youth tournaments offer African players their first opportunity to showcase their talents for scouts looking to recruit for deep-pocketed European teams. For these young players, therefore, there is the added motivation beyond just the desire to win.
And then there is the mismanagement, corruption, and general dysfunction that characterizes many the continents organizing committees. This means that the teams continuously fail to build on and institutionalize the promise of their youth teams.
During the 2014 World Cup, Ghanas government had to fly in $3 million in cash in the middle of the tournament to give to its players, who had not been paid prior to the games. This was on top of problematic pre-tournament preparations that led one player to dub the process amateurish.
In Nigeria, for instance, the manner in which the countrys federation fired, then re-hired national team coach Stephen Keshi, only to fire him again, shows just how shambolic these organizations can be.
So why Africa is much more successful at youth than senior level?

All African teams in the U20 World Cup had a mixed squad of locally based and those playing in Europe. At Under 17 level almost all African players are still based in their home countries, probably already at senior level. Despite African domestic leagues being relatively weak, playing against senior players may give them an advantage over those playing mostly against their age-mates. African players, desperate to make professional football, may also put all possible extra effort at international tournaments to prove their skills. The unfortunate issue of using overage players may still play a role for some teams to perform well at youth level.
At senior level African teams are composed of players from various different European leagues, these wont easily make a good team (even Brazil may have the same problem, they are a collection of individual world-class stars rather than a coherent team). Despite many earning good money at club level, some players think money over honor when playing for the national team
STRUCTURE
The best teams in the world plan ahead, something that Africans have failed to implement so far.
A good example is Germanys 2014 World Cup-winning squad, which saw six players from the squad that won the U-21 Euros in 2009 play a significant part in winning them the World Cup just five years later.
Despite the abundance of talent, most African teams lack chemistry, and its evident in how they play. They skip the years of work it takes to put together a reliable team and just select the best individual players they have scattered around the world and put them all together just before the World Cup, always a recipe for disaster.
3. LACK OF CONFIDENCE
It seems weird to suggest that a group of professional footballers lack confidence, but the evidence seems to back up this school of thought.

After many years of failure at the World Cup, you almost get the impression that African players just feel lucky to even be playing at the World Cup. No confidence to be competitive, forever the underdogs, despite playing against their counterparts from club football.

A good example is Ghanas 2010 World Cup campaign, which almost saw them make history and become the first African team to play in the semi-finals but were knocked out by Uruguay on penalty shootouts.

Ask any African, and theyll tell you Ghana was denied by Luis Suarezs handball when the striker blocked a goal-bound header with his hand. However, in truth, the Uruguayan striker was punished with a red card, and the Black Stars rewarded with a golden opportunity.

A penalty in the last minute of extra time which would have sent Ghana through was blazed over by Asamoah Gyan, seeing a bitter end to a game that been dominated by the Ghanaians.

Another example of a general lack of confidence in crucial moments of World Cup games was the game between Nigeria and Argentina at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

The Super Eagles were tied at 1-1 with less than 10 minutes to play, a result that would have seen them advance to the Round of 16 and knocked out Argentina. However, a display of nervousness from the coach and the players cost them, and the Argentines scored and progressed.

4. COACHING
Not to perpetuate an unfair stereotype, but African players have a track record of indiscipline, primarily when a locally based coach is leading the team of mostly foreign-based players.

Most of the time, the coaches struggle to contain and control the enormous egos of these players, leaving the coaches in a bad spot and hurting the team spirit in the camp.

Its no coincidence that the three most successful World Cup campaigns of African teams, Cameroon in Italia 90′, Senegal in Korea/Japan 2002, and Ghana in South Africa 2010 were all overseen by foreign coaches.

Football associations in Africa have resorted to foreign-based coaches, showing absolutely no faith in the home-based coaches, a trend which is a problem in itself.

While its clear to see that some foreign coaches are indeed better than the local ones, these guys get appointed, and its merely a job for them. Even if they fail, they get their huge salaries and move on to the next post.

5. ADMINISTRATION

The people in charge of most Football Associations in Africa are clueless and corrupt; a lot of them know nothing about football and are in those positions to serve their own personal interests.
Its always about politics and never about football. Which ironically should be their priority, theres always fighting within the FAs about power.
The solution would be for more ex-internationals to replace politicians in running African football. That way, we have people that actually know what they are doing in charge, and you can be sure they will put the needs of the players first.
Daniel Scali (Australia) has broken the record for the longest time in the abdominal plank position (male) with an unbelievable time of 9 hours 30 minutes and 1 second.
Daniel has CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome), leaving his left arm in almost constant pain.
"When I was 12 years old, I fell off my trampoline causing a severe break in my left arm and as a result I live with a condition called CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome)," he explained.

"Its the brain sending wrong messages to my arm, which is the affected area. So anything like soft touch, movement, wind, water, will cause me pain."

During the attempt, he wore a compression band on his left arm to try and alleviate the worst of the pain, but as you'd expect, his condition made this attempt even tougher that it already was.

"Obviously putting constant pressure on my elbow and forearm, up to my shoulder did give me quite a bit of grief at the start."

"It was a full head to toe experience of constant pain. My feet were numb. My knees were burning. My thighs were burning. My left arm felt like it was on fire. But it was all worth it in the end."
In order to prepare himself for the ordeal of this record attempt, Daniel knew he needed to be in peak physical condition.

"I incorporated a few gym activities, my own personal gym use, and doing tons of push-ups and sit-ups to get my body conditioned for the plank."
"I knew I had to get in place a mind coach. By doing this, it helped my mental state, to get through the barriers that I needed to get through."
The World Cup is often perceived as a bit of a closed shop. It is usually the same suspects who end up troubling the latter stages, competing for the ultimate prize. The only first timers in the final since 1974 have been Spain and France, both of whom had previously won the European Championship.
FIFAs centrepiece move away from some of the key axes of the game.

When the World Cup went to East Asia in 2002, the tournament was memorable for its giant killings; France, Portugal and Argentina all fell at the first hurdle, while Turkey and South Korea were unlikely semifinalists. Could a move to other unreached territoriesRussia and Qatarproduce similar scenes and give rise to an unlikely victor? Perhaps an African nation
Uli Hoeneß: The man who made Bayern Munich a global superpower
Trump deports last Nazi war criminal in US back to Germany
How Red Lipstick Shaped History | History
The evolution of red lipstick
Einstein's Escape from Hitler | Genius
Effectiveness of artificial rain in reducing fine dust questioned before official test
Why is the world running out of chips?
Harold Shipman: Doctor Death Who Killed 250 Patients (Crime Documentary) | Real Stories
Inside Honduras: Where women are murdered for $60

Training Mistakes Slowing Down the Progress of Youth Soccer Players
5. Not Playing Pick-Up Soccer

Sure, team practices and organized drills are great for teaching moments and ensuring kids learn. But more often than not, kids need to be playing in a more unorganized environment to complement and develop this organized training.
Many of the best soccer players in the world came up playing hours of pick-up soccer a day during their childhood.
No drills. No cones. No rules. No limitations.
Pick-up soccer inspires creativity, improves spontaneous decision-making, rewards team-focused play, and allows players to practice skills in game-like situations without the pressure of it being an actual game.

Wayne Rooney Says Pick-Up Soccer Improved His Game
Along with Rooney, another soccer player who developed their skills playing street football / soccer is Dortmunds Jadon Sancho. Youre allowed to do anything, Sancho says. Theres no rules.
Wayne Rooney Says: if you can learn to control the ball and do tricks in small-sided games then once you come to a nice grass pitch youll find it easy. Playing in these small games and just working hard on skills, tricks, moves, it will help massively in the long run. Everything I learnt came from those small matches. The tactical side of things comes later but 95 percent of my game is from those days playing as a kid.

Training Mistakes Slowing Down the Progress of Youth Soccer Players
2. Ignoring Full-Body Strength and Balance
Better balance equals improvement in:
Being able to plant the foot for a clean strike on goal
Being able to plant the foot and explode out of a 1v1 move
Being able to land on one foot after going up for a head ball
Being able to withstand force and stay injury-free

Please, remember that with age it is wise to start softening your training and games, and watch even closely your postural and movement patterns. If you happen to injure yourself, you should be resting not training more and harder, let your body to recover. Keep the injured body part elevated if possible. Immediately after you get injured, ice the area. Ice is good for pain and inflammation. You should see a specialist and get it checked out. Its better safe than sorry.

Understand your players
Every player in your team is different. So, knowing how to cater for everyone in your sessions will help you support their individual skill development.
Pete Sturgess: The STEP principle is a great tool to use when trying to manage difference. Knowing your players, their strengths and weaknesses is also very valuable because this can help your session planning. Matching players to provide as many appropriate challenges as possible is what were aiming for.
You might put a good dribbler against two or three opponents who like to pass and move. Planning in this way means the dribbler gets what they need, and the others get to show what theyre good at.
Too often, we restrict the dribbling player to limited touches or insist that they pass. Why? We must develop this ability if the player has a real desire to improve in this area and shows some ability to do it well. Build upon this strength, dont stop it or fr
own upon it.
Benefits of Sand Training
1. Change of Environment
Its an excellent way to break up the monotony of a rigorous training program.
Recovery workouts on the beach are a perfect re-set to get you physically and mentally prepared for your next workout.
2. Greater Demand
The second benefit of training in the sand is that it makes everything more difficult. If your goal is metabolic conditioning, then putting sand between your toes makes everything exponentially more taxing. Jumping, sprinting, shufflingany type of movementis more difficult in the sand. Also, moving in the sand challenges your body in different ways than a hard surface, forcing other muscles to work harder to move and stabilize your body. If youre looking to burn calories and increase your metabolic demand, adding sand into the mix will be an extra kick in the butt!
3. Low Impact
Sand is a soft landing pad. It gives out when you land, so the impact on your joints is minimized. This can be great if you are recovering from an injury or just need lower impact movements. Many elite coaches use sand pits for various jumping drills. It still allows you to explode off the hard ground but take advantage of the softer surface to reduce high impacts during landing. The lower impact also makes running on sand less stressful on your joints over time than the pounding of running on pavement.
The Downside of Sand Training
1. Train Slow to Be Slow
If you are an athlete whose goal is to improve speed and power, extensive sand training will be detrimental to your performance.When training for speed and power, a major goal is to improve the elastic properties of muscles and tendons, making you more reactive off the ground. Since the sand gives out when you push on it, the ground reaction forces are much reduced, thus slowing the rate of force development (RFD).
2. Reinforces Improper Mechanics
3. Increased Injury Risk
This can be dangerous for anybody with a history of lower extremity injuries or anyone with a lack of stability and joint control.
The hard sand by the water is less dynamic, but it presents its own challenges. On most beaches around the world, the hard sand slopes down at various degrees of decline. Therefore, running on it creates an uneven surface, allowing one foot to hit before the other as if you were running with one leg longer than the other. This type of uneven impact can wreak havoc on the joints over time, particularly into the hips and low back.

less impact on knees, improves stride length and overall power. Stride length and stride rate are the two variables you need to addressed to increase your linear speed. Resistance sprints such as running uphill are great for increasing stride length.
Why Agility Ladders are Overrated
Why Agility Ladders Are A Waste Of Time
Agility Ladders Are Terrible For Change of Direction (COD)
Therefore it is recommended that coaches do their research before throwing random drills at their athletes. An excellent resource for learning more about this topic is the book titled Nonlinear Pedagogy in Skill Acquisition: An Introduction, by Jia Yi Chow, Keith Davids, Chris Button, and Ian Renshaw.
dont waste your time on agility ladders for a change of direction. Get with a friend and go compete against each other. I promise you will yield far better results and save yourself some time along the way.
Agility Ladders Are Even Worse For Speed
Common Mistakes Young Athletes Make When Starting a Strength Program
They Dont Start With an Assessment by a Qualified Professional
They Ignore Their Needs and Copy Another Athletes Program
This mistake plays off the previous point, but too many young athletes dont fully understand their needs, so they just copy what another athlete does.
They dont understand that the athlete likely had success with that program because its what they needed, and it was built around their specific strengths, imbalances and weaknesses. There is no perfect program out there, but there are many programs that could be a disservice if given to the wrong athlete.
What does a good foundation for strength involve? Possessing the ability to squat well, perform a proper hip hinge, perform single-leg movements, push and pull your own body weight, etc. Every young athlete needs to be a great mover first and foremost.
Once a great foundation is built and functional movements have been done well, you can begin adding weight and opening up the program with more complicated lifts and movements.
Young athletes can often get competitive with their teammates and forgo learning these functional movements in a race to see who can lift the heaviest weight, which is a big mistake.

We'd use a rugby ball and adopt the rules. This provided the opportunity for lots of changes in speed and direction, such as sidestepping opponents which wouldn't happen to the same extent in football. Rugby balls are also more secure in your hands, which meant players could disguise intentions or offload in creative ways. I was then able to link this back to football, such as passing to a teammate at the right time.

Play would be directional (due to having a goal at each end). This allowed me to mention body shape could players receive the ball facing forward and think in a more attacking way?

Take the give and go, for example. How many opportunities would you have in a 2v2 or 3v3 to do that? Loads. That same skill occurs when playing 11v11. So why don't you practice where there's more chance of it happening?
Small-sided games
Using small-sided games (e.g. 2v2, 2v1, 3v2) can benefit all ages. They put players in a less crowded environment and give you the chance to notice things easily.

Paul Holder: It's easy to recognise skill on the ball. But people off the ball, who read situations and get into good positions, are skilful too. Like a goalkeeper who claims a cross between two defenders. There's the timing of when to come out, judging the flight of the ball, changing your speed... it all combines into a skilful movement of catching a ball.

If you want to play football well, you need to master three things: your body, the ball and decision-making.
Mastering decision-making: its rooted in a players ability to perceive whats happening around them.
scan the pitch
anticipate the actions of others
assess available space
get into a good position
entice the opposition
combine with their teammates.
Simply put, good decision-making is about spotting risk or predicting opportunity, and then working out how best to react.
To support your teams development, sessions need to focus on mastery of the ball, the body and decision-making. Small-sided games with clear objectives are a simple way to do this. They provide fewer distractions than a big match and players get more touches too.

Sports performance & Injury prevention
In 2019 a total of 239,943 football injuries were treated in U.S. hospitals and on the report of FIFA, ankle sprain is the most common one
An overtrained athlete usually stays motivated, but we can observe some negative symptoms, such as lack of concentration, loss of body weight, increased resting heart rate, confusion in natural rhythm and technique, muscle tenderness etc.
Why is it so difficult for PSG to win the UEFA Champions League ?
In the last 25 years of competition (since it was rebranded as Champions League) there have only been 3 instances of teams winning the trophy for the first time. Moreover, each of these 3 teams have more than 100 years of legacy and history. On top of that, none of those teams have ever won a second Champions League trophy. The winning teams were -
1992-93 - Marseille (ESTD. 1899)
1996-97 - Borussia Dortmund (ESTD. 1909)
2011-12 - Chelsea (ESTD. 1905)
It's evident that it took a really long time for the above clubs to win their first Champions League trophy. Compared to them, PSG is relatively pretty new (ESTD. 1970).
French teams have only featured in 6 finals (both Champions League & European Cup), the least among the top 5 Football Leagues in Europe and managed to win only a single trophy i.e. Marseille in 1992-93.
Players' psychology - PSG are undoubtedly the most successful team in Ligue 1. Players have a habit of winning almost each & every game, without even facing stiff competition from the opponents.

This is exactly what causes them to stutter in the knock out round of the Champions League. Players are almost clueless on how to deal with high-pressure situations.
Bad coaching decisions - PSG have had 27 different managers since their inception in 1970. Out of them, only 2 managers had the experience of winning the Champions League with their respective teams before managing PSG, most notably - Carlo Ancelotti.
In recent times, the managers were at as much fault as the players which caused PSG to crash out of the Champions League.

In the Barcelona Remontada of the 16-17 season, Unai Emery was guilty of having a poorly organized defense, that gave away vital penalties to Barcelona. Moreover, he fielded Di Maria very late in the game (55th minute), who could have boosted the midfield prowess of PSG from a very early stage & even had the experience of playing in the daunting Camp Nou stadium for 4 years, with Real Madrid.
This brings the end of this article. On a concluding note, one might say that PSG are a brilliant team, but winning the Champions League requires something that even money can't buy - experience and legacy.
What is irrefutable is the progress made in terms of the big overall goal of Champions League success since 2019 with PSG now a genuine force that even the strongest European teams will not relish facing next season and beyond.

OPINION: 4 Reasons PSG Will Never Win The Champions' Leagu
1. Poor Quality of their League
A look at their table shows how PSG has been dominating the league since. PSG experienced its best season to date in 201516. The capital club won all four domestic titles (Ligue 1, Coupe de France, Coupe de la Ligue and Trophee des Champions) and reached the quarter-finals of the UCL. In Ligue 1, PSG finished with 96 points (national record), while Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored 50 goals in all competitions (national record). However, the club's record for most goals in a season was set in 201718, when PSG scored 171 goals in all competitions (108 in the league). This is no joke to be honest. Scoring 171 goals is no joke. They were scoring for fun. However, they were denied the league in 1718, thanks to Monacos extraordinary performance. With 87 points and Cavani scoring 49 should have enough to win the league. But surprisingly Monaco sold their best players the following season and have been declining since then.
2. Lack of Champions' League Winning Manager
3. Lack of Teamwork
PSG have some of the best individuals players in the team but thats not what leads to glory but to the big bill. The reason why Neymar was signed is to win the UCL and he cant do it alone. And its not a player but a manager who can win you the trophy. They have been doing it the wrong way. PSG must work as a team if they want to achieve what they are seeking for.

Al-Khelaifi
Valcke, ex-Fifa president Sepp Blatter's former right-hand man, was banned from football for 10 years in 2016 for a series of alleged breaches
the resale of World Cup tickets, bribery and failure to co-operate with investigators.
SEP 18 2018
Paris Saint-Germains Qatari owners have spent $1.17 billion on players, but the Champions League is still out of reach
Liverpool has spent $220 million on new players, after reaching last seasons Champions League final.
Qatari Investment Authority took over Paris Saint-Germain in 2011 and has invested over 1 billion.
PSG has only managed one Champions League semi-final appearance in 1995, well before Nasser Al-Khelaifis millions came to Paris.
The PSG squad boasts the worlds two most expensive players. Mbappes transfer fee of 135 million ($158 million) from Monaco was made permanent earlier this summer, a figure only topped by the 222 million PSG paid for Neymar a year earlier.
Nasser Al-Khelafi is setting the bar high for PSG next season. The French champions won't be satisfied with continuing their domestic successes and are keen to finally make their mark on the international stage.
How to Stop Being Timid During Soccer Games
If you are focused on what might happen, making mistakes or the consequences of failing to get the ball, you will be more reserved on the field.
You are afraid that if you go for the ball and are unsuccessful, you are going to get caught out of position, allow the opposing team to make a run down the field and give them an opportunity to score.
1-Be Early
Everyone is late sometimes but if youre always early, or always late, the coach will notice.
2-Short Breaks
Be the first one back on the field after a water break.
Instead of just telling your teammates what to do, physically do it yourself as well. A great leader shows what should be done instead of just talking about it.
Show respect on and off the field.
Listen to constructive criticism.
Do things that shows that you are willing to listen to their advice.
start cheering for your teammates when you're on the sidelines, or give words of encouragement during a game or tough practice.
Just because youre on the bench doesnt mean another player is better, but maybe your complaining or body language is whats keeping you from getting more minutes, not your skills.
sit up straight, be interested in the game, dont sulk, dont complain about players on the field.
When the coach looks over at the bench for a player to go in, go ahead and make eye contact. Look like youre eager to help your team out.
IMPRESS YOUR COACH WITH GOOD EYE CONTACT
And dont look like you are bored even if you are.
2. Surround yourself with good company, pick someone who is better than yousomeone who is focused that will push you to be your best laxer.
Success comes from little repeated efforts during practice and games over the course of the whole season.
Coaches love it when players ask them after practice what they need to work on, It means they care.
BEING EARLY TO SOCCER PRACTICE WILL IMPRESS COACH

Kylian Mbapp: How to defend against him
The 21-year-old prodigy scored a goal in the final against Croatia, becoming the second-youngest goalscorer in a World Cup final behind Pele.
The quality of his support allows him to have a very good acceleration on the first meters.
The PSG striker also has a great balance, which allows him to be very effective on fake shots and changes of direction.
He is not an excellent passer, but the quality of his runs and off the ball movements puts him in a good position to make assists
His dribbles are generally long, with ample gestures.
If you compare him to Jadon Sancho, another great talent, there are some differences Sancho will tend to make short dribbles, keeping the ball very close to his foot, while Mbapp is rather the opposite.
Even in small spaces, Mbapp can allow himself dribbles or ball controls that are longer as his explosiveness coupled with very good supports still allow him to be first on the ball.
But its in the big spaces that Mbapp is the most efficient.
When you defend against Mbapp, you have to be psychologically ready and focus all time.
He is excellent in large spaces and the fact that he starts from a more off-centre position allows him to free himself from the opposing axial density.
As you can see on the graph on the left above, Mbapp improves his teams game more by running than by passing.
Man marking
The most difficult and important thing for a defender against Mbapp is to manage his distance from him.
The 2018 World Champion must be given very little space and he must never be able to turn around or be able to accelerate.
You must not be too far away from him to be able to intervene if he receives the ball, nor too close so as not to be caught in the depth or on his first touch.

In the above action, Axel Disasi is at a good distance from
Mbapp, as he is able to intervene if the latter receives the ball in the feet, but is also able to contain him in the depths.
Note the interesting orientation of Disasis body, especially his shoulders, which are oriented in the direction of the young PSG player to anticipate a possible run in-depth.
Defending on Mbapp also means adapting this distance according to the game action. If Mbapp drops deep to participate in the build-up play, the defender who marks him can be very close to him as the depth would be covered by his teammates.
Thiago Silvas match against Mbapp in the 2017 League Cup final is an excellent example of how it is possible to manage Mbapp.
But the way Silva left him very little space to express himself throughout the match was remarkable.
It was an important psychological factor that day, as Silva had put a lot of physical commitment and pressure on Mbapp, showing great dominance.
Van Dijk gave him a little space, but above all, he was able to control all the space that was in his back. The Liverpool defender showed a lot of patience, calm, and did not rush to optimize time and space.
When Mbapp has to make a decision, space is already very narrow.
When you know that Mbapp is so good in the big spaces, its important to know how to reduce his spaces as much as possible.
Van Dijks ability to leave no clue as to his intentions put a lot of pressure on Mbapp. He made him move where he wanted him to move.
Flexibility is important for mobility and for injury prevention.
Good hamstring flexibility is important for football players in the ball kicking skill.
The sit and reach test can be done for lower back and hamstring flexibility.
The ability to quickly change direction is very important for football. The 505 agility test is a simple agility test that measures the ability to change direction 180 degrees.
There are also more complex tests designed specifically for the demands of soccer such as the Balsom Run, and the Arrowhead Agility is commonly used for soccer players.