• عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة
  • AdilAlKufaishi
    عضو رسمي
    • May 2006

Database of Arabic Dialects

Dear all,

I am please to announce that the Database of Arabic Dialects (DAD) is now live! DAD is a tool to collect data (published and unpublished) on Arabic dialects, and to search through that data. The underlying structure of the database is such that it could be modified for use with almost any language grouping that has a great deal of lectal variation.

This is still a somewhat preliminary version of the website, but you can use the data visualization tools to explore publicly available data. At present, the only public data is an extensive (~800 item) dataset of demonstratives across a number of Arabic dialects. I hope to add to the publicly available data soon.

I am interested in finding scholars who would like to use this website for their own datasets. Datasets can be make public, or kept private. Please contact me at amagidow@gmail.com if you are interested in contributing data. Please describe briefly the nature of your data, and whether you would like to continue adding to the dataset once it is online.

This is also the first public release of the website, so there may be bugs, errors, etc that you come across. Please report problems you find to amagidow@gmail.com. This page has been tested primarily in Firefox, so please tell me which browser you are using, and how you caused the error to occur.

This is an open source project. You may view the source in the Github repository. If you would like to contribute, please contact me.
    Django project to allow for documentation (input and displaty) of linguistic forms in dialects or closely related languages. - amagidow/dialects

Alex Magidow
    Assistant Professor of Arabic
    University of Rhode Island
    د/ عادل الكفيشي
يعمل...
X