• الوقت
  • عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة
  • idrisam
    عضو منتسب
    • May 2007

Girls Route

هذه قصة ممتعة من أدب الكاتب الأستاذ خالد الجبور.

<!--sizeo:7--><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#330099--><!--/coloro-->Girls Route
    <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
    <!--sizeo:5--><!--/sizeo-->
    <!--coloro:#330099--><!--/coloro-->Written by: Khalid Al Gobour
    Translated by: Dr. Abdallah Altaiyeb<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

I was screaming in protest, as my mother was late in baking the bread, but she resonated along with a sandal thrown in my face, and kicked me out of the house

I fought hard to captivate inside my tears and anger, and walked out, under the heat of the compassionate afternoon sun towards the sandy courtyard, wedged between the houses. It was there where I saw them playing hopscotch

Fatimah, my cousin, was playing while her playmates where watching attentively. I got closer to have a good view of the scene; it was overwhelming how skillfully she was playing, kicking the hand carved marker so it would move from one square to another. Her moves and hops were very pleasing to the eye. Much like a young pony, with each hop, her hair danced up and down briskly, in the comfort of her back, flying around like a free black bird. I pitied the vainly waiting girls, for I knew she was too good to commit a foul in hopping the course, and her turn would never end. They all seemed envious of her, and in their childish way started intoning a rhyme, in a feeble attempt to jinx her

(May she fall, God make her fall).

Through my peripheral vision, I spotted some boys of my neighborhood coming our way, so I walked their way, pretending to be in a hurry. As we met, they asked me if I wanted to play with them but I told them I was hungry and would join them once I had lunch. One of the kids pointed at the girls and asked me

Maybe you like to play with them

I felt something roaring inside me and my face blazed with rage; I swore to them that I wasn’t playing with the girls but was going to my aunt’s house. The boys looked at me in disbelief and somehow I heard the word “tom girl” sneak out of their crowd, but I acted as if I had heard nothing. Reaffirming my promise to join them after lunch, I headed back to my house, thinking to myself, it was my aunt, the bully, who first dubbed me with that offensive nickname and now everybody was using it

Pounding the floor with both of my bare feet, I stood before my mother saying I was starving, but she scolded me and said she was not going to bake for me that day. I thought of crying, but quickly dismissed the idea knowing that my tears had no chance to make her change her mind

I stood on our porch, waiting, my stomach was churning. Then, sitting down with my back to the door, I closed my eyes and relaxed my mind; there she was, hopping elegantly. I knew that if we played together, I would beat her even in girls’ games. I always won over her, causing her face to turn red, and tears would sparkle in her eyes. Sometimes, she would explode in anger

You are a cheat

Seeing a cold smile on my face, her face would redden more, giving me a rush, and a desire would overcome me to tease her more. I would clap my hands loudly, dance and laugh, and chant. She would not let me finish the words, and would spring upon me, pull my hair, and strike my head with both hands rapid successive blows

Stupid, stupid, I will not play with you again, go and play with the boys

But the next day, she would come back with the fire of vengeance beautifying her eyes

Do you like to play … wait I go first

She would not fall for my dulcet tones to toss a coin, and would refuse determinedly, claiming that I always cheat and know how to make the coin come to my favor. She would conclude decisively

Either I start or we don’t play

I opened my eyes, and looked around to see my mother firing the oven in the back of our house. That comforted me a little, and so I closed my eyes again, sinking in my thoughts; the first loaf would not be ready but half an hour from now, by then, the boys would finish playing and I would have no one to play with. It was then that Fatimah came back to my mind, but the problem was my aunt, for if it was not for her, I would have continued playing with Fatimah like always. My cruel aunt banned me from playing with the girls, saying

Girls’ route is thorny; boys play with boys, you are a boy, and they are girls, never get close to them

The last time I played with girls was several months ago, the game we played was Bride and Groom; Fatima was my bride, and the girls were dancing and chanting around us. My aunt came from nowhere all of a sudden and charged at us like a mad woman. We all screamed, blood rushed into Fatimah’s face, while the girls fled away scared, and I had a fair share of kicks and slaps before I fled too. My aunt’s words chased me

I’ll eat you alive you damned boy, you can run but you can’t hide

With frantic feet, I started beating rhythmically on the floor. My mother had just finished preparing the dhow and started cutting it into small pieces that looked much like snowballs, which intrigued me to count them, contemplating the thought that one of them would be mine. Last winter, my hands were frostbitten while building a snowman, but Fatimah nicked its head, saying it was very ugly and looked like an aged cow. She then ran away, leaving me with a heavy anger boiling in my chest. She disappeared for three days, and when she showed up on the fourth day, I had forgotten all about it and the snow melted between us

I stopped beating the floor and yawned audibly; few minutes and that hot delicious loaf would be in my hands. My mouth flowed with Saliva; I swallowed it slowly savoring the taste of the hot bread with fresh olive oil, a meal that topped the world to me. I was about to stand up when I felt a strong hand pulling me from the ear. I looked up, startled and in pain, the angry look on my aunt’s face was daunting

I found you tom girl, how many times I warned you not to play with girls

I screamed loudly, trying to free my ears from the iron clasp of her fingers, only to receive a slap on my face. I ran to my mother seeking refuge, but she cursed me, pushing my aunt to hit me more

Hit him; gouge both of his eyes out

My aunt continued beating me ferociously, I scream louder begging for mercy but she continued her assault on me. I came upon myself, with her thumb crushed under my teeth. As she shrieked loudly, I seized the moment to bolt out of the house in a flash, and started picking stones from the street and aim at her full figure. She hurried to close the door, I heard her threats reaching from behind the door, and I heard my mother calling me a mad boy

When I realized what I had done, I wiped my running nose with my sleeve, and walked towards the courtyard. A cold breeze stroked my face, I thought to myself, why my aunt hated me and hit me for no reason. My aunt, the ogre, I will not let her touch me again; if only she had been seconds late, I would have enjoyed that hot loaf, and I would not have been hungry like this. The boys were still playing, so I hurried my pace to join them. I passed by Fatimah and her friends, it was still her turn; she looked at me with her joyful kind eyes that looked nothing like my aunt’s

I reached where the boys were, found me a place amongst them, and started playing with enthusiasm. In few seconds, I forgot all about my aunt, my hunger, my lonely loaf of bread, and everything else
    <!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--sizeo:7--><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000066--><!--/coloro-->
    دَرْبُ البنات
    للكاتب خالد الجبور
    <!--colorc--><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
    <!--sizeo:5--><!--/sizeo-->ارتفع صوتي احتجاجاً على تأخّر أمي في إعداد الخبز، فرمتني بفردة شبشبها، وطردتني من الدار .
    غالبت دموعي وغيظي، وخرجت أمشي تحت شمس العصر الرحيمة صوب السّاحة التّرابيّة الواسعة بين البيوت، حيث رأيتهن يلعبن الحجلة .

كانت فاطمة – ابنة العمّة – هي التي تلعب، بينما وقفت رفيقاتُها يراقبنها بانتباه شديد ..
    اقتربت للفُرجة، فسرقتني مهارة فاطمة في اللّعب، رأيتها تحجل بمهارة، تركل الحجر الدّائريّ المصقول بطرف قدمها، فينتقل من مربّع لآخر بمقدار محسوب، وكأنه مربوط إلى قدمها؛ وبدت لي قفزاتُها جدَّ رشيقة، وأشبه ما تكون بقفزات مهر صغير، فمع كلّ قفزة لها، يرتفع شعرها المربوط على شكل ذيل الفرس عالياً، ثمّ يحطّ على ظهرها، مرفرفاً كطائر كبير، وإذ شعرتُ بأنّها لن تخطئ أبداً، فقد وجدتني أسخر في أعماقي من رفيقاتِها اللواتي رحن يرددن بابتهال مهموس :
    (( شَقَعْ بقَعْ يا رب تَقَعْ . شَقَعْ بَقَعْ يا رب تَقَعْ !! )) ...

بطرف عيني لمحت الأولاد قادمين، فانسحبت بسرعة، ومشيتُ نحوهم متظاهراً بالعَجَلة . سألوني لحظة التقائي بِهم إنْ كنت أرغب باللعب معهم، فقلت إنّني جائع، وسوف ألحق بِهم بعد الغداء .
    أشار أحدهم ناحية البنات :
    - يجوز أنك تريد أن تلعب معهن ؟! ..
    اصطخبت أعماقي، وشعرت بوجهي يلتهب . أقسمت إنني لم أكن أقف عندهنّ، وإنّما ذهبت إلى بيت عمّتي لأسأل عن أبي .
    تغامز الأولاد فيما بينهم، ورطمت (( أبو البنات )) سمعي بقسوة، فتظاهرت بأنّني لم أسمع شيئاً، وتحرّكت إلى البيت مكرّراً وعدي باللّحاق بِهم بعد الغداء . شرد فكري : سامح الله العمّة، هي التي أطلقت عليّ اللّقب، ظلّت تناديني به حتّى شاع بين الجميع !! ..

وقفت أمام أمّي . خبطت الأرض بقدميّ . قلت إنّني سأموت من الجوع، فنهرتني بحزم . قالت إنّها لن تخبز العجين فطيراً لأجلي . فكّرت في أن أبكي، لكنّني عدلت عن الفكرة سريعاً، فدموعي لن تغيّر رأيها بكلّ تأكيد !! ..

جلست على عتبة الباب أنتظر، أحسست بمعدتي تنقبض انقباضاً موجعاً، فأسندت ظهري إلى جدار الباب، وأغمضت عينيّ مسترخياً في مكاني . لمعت في خيالي قفزات فاطمة الرّشيقة . لو لعبت معها لغلبتها . حتّى في الألعاب الخاصّة بالبنات، كنت دائماً أغلبها . يحمرّ وجهها من الغيظ ، وتترقرق الدّموع في عينيها . أحياناً كانت تنفجر غاضبة :
    - أنت غشّاش !! ..
    أبتسم ببرود يستفزها، وحين أرى احمرار وجهها؛ تسرقني الخفّةُ، وأمتلئ رغبةً في استفزازها إلى أبعد حدّ، فأصفّق بقوة، وأرقص ضاحكاً :
    (( نَخْبَزَتْ نُخْبيزِهْ
    أم دودة وعَشَرةْ
    تاكُل حيّة مقشَّرَةْ ... ))
    لا تدعني أستمرّ، تَهجم عليّ ، تشدّ شعري ، ثمّ تضربني على رأسي بيديها الاثنتين ضربات متتالية سريعة :
    - أهبل . أهبل !! لن ألعب معك مرة أخرى . اذهب والعب مع الأولاد ..
    لكنّها تنسى ذلك في اليوم التالي، تأتي وفي عينيها عزم على الثأر :
    - نلعب .. لكن أنا أولاً ! ..
    أتحايل عليها كي تقبل بالقُرعة، لكنها ترفض بشدّة، تقول إنّني دائماً أغشّها، أعرف كيف أجعل القُرْعة تخرج لصالحي . تحسم الموقف بعناد :
    - إمّا أنا ... أوْ لا!!

فتحت عينيّ، واسترقتُ نظرة إلى صحن الدّار، رأيت أمّي تقوم لإعداد التنّور القابع في زاوية الدّار البعيدة، فشعرت بشيء من الراحة، وأسبلتُ جفنيّ غاطساً في أفكاري : لن يجهز الرغيف الأول قبل نصف ساعة على الأقل . قد يفرغ الأولاد من اللّعب قبل أن أتمكن من تناول غدائي، ولن أجد حينها مَن ألعب معه . عادت قفزات فاطمة إلى خيالي . المشكلة هي العمّة، لولاها لكان بإمكاني أن ألعب مع فاطمة مثل زمان . حتّى البنات الأخريات حرّمت العمّة عليّ اللعب معهنّ : درب البنات شوك . الولد يلعب مع الأولاد . أنت ولد وهنّ بنات . إياك أن تقترب منهن !! ..
    آخر مرّة لعبت معهنّ كانت قبل شهور، لعبنا لعبة (( العريس والعروس )) ، أنا العريس وفاطمة العروس ، والبنات من حولنا يغنّين . أطلّت العمّة من باب الـحوش المهجور، وانقضّت علينا كالمجنونة . علا صراخنا . ملأ الدّم وجه فاطمة، وطارت البنات فزعات . أصابتني عدّة لطمات موجعة قبل أن أفرّ . لاحقني وعيد العمّة : سآكل من لحمك يا ملعون .. إلى أين ستهرب مني ؟!!

تحرّكت قدماي بعصبيّة، فأخذت أضربـهما في الأرض بإيقاع رتيب . انتبهت إلى أن أمّي قد فرغت من تقطيع العجين . أحصيت ما في الطّبق الكبير من كرات العجين المغطّاة بدقيق ناصع البياض، تخيلتها تلالاً صغيرة مكسوّة بالثلوج . في الشّتاء الفائت تقرّحت يداي من الثلج . هشّمت فاطمة رأس حصاني الثلجيّ . قالت إنّه قبيح ، ويشبه رأس بقرة هرمة . الملعونة هربت، تركت غيظي في صدري، واختفت ثلاثة أيّام متتالية، وعندما ظهرت في صباح اليوم الرّابع، كنت قد نسيت الموضوع، وكان الثلج قد ذاب ..

توقّفت عن ضرب قدميّ في الأرض، وتثاءبت بصوت مسموع . ذهب الكثير، وما بقي سوى القليل، دقائق معدودة وأمسك بالرّغيف الساخن الشّهيّ . ملأ اللّعاب فمي ، ابتلعته ببطء مستذوقاً طعم الخبز ، أحبّ أن آكله ساخناً مع زيت الزيتون . هممت بالوقوف، لكنني فوجئت بيد تشدّني من أذني بقوّة ، رفعت عينيّ متألماً ومفزوعاً، فواجهني وجه العمّة الغاضب :
    - مسكتك يا أبو البنات . كم مرّة حذرتك من الاقتراب منهن ؟!!
    صرخت بأعلى صوتي ، حاولت عبثاً تخليص أذني من بين أصابعها . هوت على خدّي بيدها الطّليقة . استنجدت بأمّي . سمعتها هي الأخرى تلعنني : هذا الولد ملعون . اضربيه . اقلعي عينيه الثّنتين . ازداد ضرب العمّة لي ، فضاعفت صراخي . طلبتُ الرّحمة من أجل النّبيّ ، لكنها واصلت ضربي بقسوة أشدّ، فوجدتني ألتقف فجأة يدها التي تضربني ، وأطبق بأسناني على إبْهامها . صرخت العمّة بصوت لمّ الجيران . قفزت من بين يديها بلمح البصر . التقطت عدداً من الحجارة، ورحت أقذفها بِها . سارعت العمّة إلى إغلاق الباب، سمعتها تُهدّد وتتوعّد، وسمعت أمّي أيضاً تصفني بالولد المسعور .

انتبهت إلى ما أفعله . مسحت أنفي بطرف كمّي ، وانطلقت إلى الشارع . داعب وجهي نسيم لطيف . لا ذنب لي . العمّة هي التي تكرهني ، وتضربني دون سبب . لمحت الأولاد يلعبون . أسرعت نحوهم . العمّة غولة . لن أدعها تمسك بي أبداً . فقط لو أنّها تأخّرت قليلاً، لما بقيت جائعاً حتّى الآن . مررت عن فاطمة ورفيقاتِها . كانت ما تزال تحجل . فاطمة لطيفة لا تشبه العمّة في شيء أبداً . وصلت حيث يلعب الأولاد . وجدت لي مكاناً بين اللاّعبين، فانخرطت بينهم ألعب بحماسة، وخلال لحظات كنت قد نسيت العمّة والجوع ... وكلّ شيء.
    د/ عبد الله الطيب
يعمل...
X