• تصفية - فلترة
  • الوقت
  • عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة
  • ahmed_allaithy
    رئيس الجمعية
    • May 2006

Betwixt & Between III: Globalization, Interculturalization & Translation: UAE

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><font color="#ff0000"><span class="lgtext1"><span lang="EN-US" style="color: windowtext; font-family: 'times new roman'"><strong>Event:</strong></span></span><span class="medtext1"><span lang="EN-US" style="color: windowtext; font-family: 'times new roman'"> </span></span><b><span lang="EN-US">Betwixt &amp; Between III: Globalization, Interculturalization &amp; Translation</span></b></font></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><b><span lang="EN-US"></span></b></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span class="lgtext1"><span lang="EN-US" style="color: windowtext; font-family: 'times new roman'"><strong>Date and Venue:</strong></span></span><span class="medtext1"><span lang="EN-US" style="color: windowtext; font-family: 'times new roman'"> 28-30 November 2007.<span>  </span>Sharjah, United Arab Emirates</span></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span class="medtext1"><span lang="EN-US" style="color: windowtext; font-family: 'times new roman'"></span></span><span lang="EN-US"><br /><span class="lgtext1"><span style="color: windowtext; font-family: 'times new roman'"><strong>Short Description:</strong></span></span><span class="medtext1"><span style="color: windowtext; font-family: 'times new roman'"> </span></span>Given the success of Betwixt and Between I and II (both hosted by Queen’s University Belfast, the parent institution of the <i>Betwixt and Between </i></span><i><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size: 10pt">Research</span></i><i><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'courier new'"> </span><span lang="EN-US">Forum in Translation and Cultural Encounters</span></i><span lang="EN-US">)<i>,</i> the American University of Sharjah (UAE) and Queen’s University Belfast (Northern Ireland, UK) invite contributions to the international conference: <b>Betwixt &amp; Between III: Globalization, Interculturalization &amp; Translation.</b></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">B &amp; B III wishes to explore ways in which cross cultural exchange is executed and/or constrained by patronage and agency with a particular reference to the ethics and poetics of intercultural exchanges (exportation and importation of cultural goods) through translation. Topics of the conference include:</span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US"></span></p><ul style="margin-top: 0cm" type="disc"><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">Translating for the global </span></li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">Translating for the local</span> </li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">Translating for the <i>glocal</i></span> </li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">The discourse of translation</span> </li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">The sociotextual vs the sociocultural in and of translation</span> </li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">The ethics and poetics of translation in a global context </span></li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">Translation historiography</span> </li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">Translation and the past </span></li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">Translation and the generation/resolution of conflict</span> </li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">Translation and national memory/identity</span> </li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">Translation and the emergence of canons</span> </li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">Ethnography of translation</span> </li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">Translation and divided loyalties</span> </li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">Authority and translation</span> </li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">Transcreation</span> </li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">Audi-visual translation </span></li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">Authority, media and translation in a global/local, <i>glocal</i> context</span> </li><li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">Translating for the museum</span></li></ul><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt"><span lang="EN-US"></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">The conference will generate a third volume of essays under the <i>Betwixt &amp; Between</i> rubric.</span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US"></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><b><span lang="EN-US">Abstracts</span></b><span lang="EN-US"> of 200-300 words should be submitted as e-mail attachments to the organizer, Said Faiq, <a href="http://uk.f276.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=sfaiq@aus.edu" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" ymailto="mailto:sfaiq@aus.edu"><b><span><font face="Verdana" color="#006666">sfaiq@aus.edu</font></span></b></a>, word-documents, in the following format by 30 September 2007:</span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US"></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><i><span lang="EN-US">Name (s) of Contributor (s):</span></i></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><i><span lang="EN-US">Affiliation (s):</span></i></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><i><span lang="EN-US">E-mail address:</span></i></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><i><span lang="EN-US">Title of Contribution:</span></i></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><i><span lang="EN-US">Abstract:</span></i></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><i><span lang="EN-US"></span></i></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span class="lgtext1"><span lang="EN-US" style="color: windowtext; font-family: 'times new roman'"><strong>Contact Details:</strong></span></span><span class="medtext1"><span lang="EN-US" style="color: windowtext; font-family: 'times new roman'"> </span></span><span lang="EN-US"><a href="http://uk.f276.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=sfaiq@aus.edu" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" ymailto="mailto:sfaiq@aus.edu"><b><span><font face="Verdana" color="#006666">sfaiq@aus.edu</font></span></b></a></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US"><strong></strong></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span class="lgtext1"><span lang="EN-US" style="color: windowtext; font-family: 'times new roman'"><strong>Invited Speakers:</strong></span></span><span class="medtext1"><span lang="EN-US" style="color: windowtext; font-family: 'times new roman'"> </span></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US">*<span>          </span>Yasir Suleiman, </span><span lang="EN-US">Cambridge University</span><span lang="EN-US">, </span><span lang="EN-US">UK</span><span lang="EN-US">.</span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt 36pt; text-indent: -36pt"><span lang="EN-US">*<span>          </span>Marilyn Gaddis Rose<br />Distinguished Service Professor, </span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt 36pt"><span lang="EN-US">State</span><span lang="EN-US"> </span><span lang="EN-US">University</span><span lang="EN-US"> of </span><span lang="EN-US">New York</span><span lang="EN-US"> at </span><span lang="EN-US">Binghamton</span><span lang="EN-US"> (</span><span lang="EN-US">USA</span><span lang="EN-US">)</span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span class="medtext1"><span lang="EN-US" style="color: windowtext; font-family: 'times new roman'"></span></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span><span lang="EN-US" style="color: windowtext; font-family: 'times new roman'"><strong>Further Details: </strong></span><a href="http://www.aus.edu/conferences/bb3/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><u><span style="color: blue"><strong><font face="Verdana">http://www.aus.edu/conferences/bb3/</font></strong></span></u></a></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span lang="EN-US"></span></p>
    د. أحـمـد اللَّيثـي
    رئيس الجمعية الدولية لمترجمي العربية
    تلك الدَّارُ الآخرةُ نجعلُها للذين لا يُريدون عُلُوًّا فى الأَرضِ ولا فَسادا والعاقبةُ للمتقين.

فَعِشْ لِلْخَيْرِ، إِنَّ الْخَيْرَ أَبْقَى ... وَذِكْرُ اللهِ أَدْعَى بِانْشِغَالِـي

يعمل...
X