إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة
  • عبد الرؤوف
    عضو منتسب
    • Jun 2014

My smartphone, My wife

السَّلام عليكم

My smartphone, My wife

With my smartphone I feel highly benefited. If I want to call someone, ALLAH! There’s a phone, If I want to take a picture, ALLAH! There’s a camera, If I want to know the time, ALLAH! There’s a clock... To get all these things in one place ten years ago, I would’ve had to form chain in a private place in a public street sometime somewhere. Those were the reasons I've definitely jumped on the smartphone bandwagon

But one of the major benefits of my smartphone, is the function that allows me to communicate with my wife sitting five feet away without actually speaking to her

When at home, the need to use my smartphone is mind-boggling. But I also apprehend the ordeal of being ignored by someone who prefers his phone to you. Let’s face it, my phone is more interesting than my wife more often than I think

To reduce this sea change brought about by the digital age, I decided to always say what I’m doing on my phone. Doing so, I include my wife in my activity, and she is not left alone in the ocean of uneasiness. But most importantly is something a bit tricky : if I cannot say what I’m doing, I presumably shouldn’t do it

This has functioned. Not bad indeed. Now I’ve seen it all, I decided to make one more step. This time, I needed to trust my natural authority: No more smartphones after eight pm

The digital era is changing my habits too fast for the “agreed” etiquette, and I have to reinvent them every now and then. But technologies are becoming so advanced and so entwined with daily life that I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to skip every other “smart” update with my wife has her head glued to her phone

Would you believe it? I wrote these words while checking my phone every two minutes, so I’m not also quite sure I should be the one giving this opinion and I cannot imagine, funnily enough, my wife trusting my digital behaviour
    ---------
    Abd-Arraouf
    -------------------------------------
    وَمَنْ يَأْمَنِ الدُّنْيَا يَكُنْ مِثْلَ قَابِضٍ
    عَلَى الْمَاءِ خَانَتْهُ فُرُوجُ الأَصَابِعِ
يعمل...
X